As a mother, you know that children can enrich your life in countless, unexpected ways. That is why kids are often referred to as gifts. But they can also leave you with some “gifts” that you’d rather get rid of, namely the physical changes that pregnancy and breastfeeding can cause.
These changes can be difficult to reverse with a healthy lifestyle alone. And while your aesthetic concerns may improve over time, many women never quite regain their pre-baby physique.
That’s where a mommy makeover comes in. This customized combination of plastic surgery procedures can often restore a woman’s pre-pregnancy figure.
What Concerns Can a Mommy Makeover Treat?
New mothers typically notice changes in their body after having a child. These changes can have an impact on your confidence and self-image. The good news is that you don’t have to live with these unexpected and unwanted cosmetic concerns.
A mommy makeover can improve the appearance of common post-pregnancy issues such as:
- Lost breast volume: Pregnancy and breastfeeding cause your breasts to expand and contract. These sudden fluctuations can leave you with post-pregnancy breasts that have lost their size and shapeliness. A breast augmentation procedure can restore lost breast volume.
- Sagging breasts and downward-pointing nipples: You may notice that your breasts have lost their youthful position. Many women experience some degree of breast sagging after pregnancy, and some also struggle with drooping nipples. A breast lift can elevate your breasts, eliminate excess skin, and improve nipple position.
- Excess pockets of fat: Women unavoidably gain weight during their pregnancy, and it is very common to gain more than the recommended amount of weight. It can be challenging to eliminate these stubborn pockets of fat after childbirth. Liposuction is the process of removing excess fat to reshape the contours of your body.
- Loose abdominal skin: If you have excess, sagging abdominal skin after pregnancy, you may consider a tummy tuck to correct this. The appearance of stretch marks may also be improved if they are located on the skin that is removed. A tummy tuck can also remove excess fat in the abdominal region.
- Torn or separated abdominal muscles: Pregnancy can have a dramatic effect on your abdominal muscles, especially if you have a multiple pregnancy or deliver a high birth weight baby. Separated abdominal muscles can allow your belly to pooch out, a condition that is known as diastasis recti. A tummy tuck can restore weakened or separated muscles in a way that is often impossible to achieve through exercise and physical therapy.
Schedule Your Manchester Mommy Makeover Consultation
Dr. Robert Feins is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has helped countless mothers rejuvenate their appearance. To learn how you could benefit from a mommy makeover, please schedule your personalized consultation at 603-647-4430. At the Office of Robert S. Feins, we happily welcome patients from Manchester, Nashua, and nearby areas of New Hampshire.