After you become a mother, you often realize that although you adore the bundle of joy that you’ve brought into the world, you don’t adore the effects that that effort had on your body. You are not alone. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and raising children are hard on a woman’s body. With a mommy makeover, Dr. Robert S. Feins can help you reclaim your pre-pregnancy appearance and restore your self-confidence.
To learn more about how a mommy makeover can help you feel comfortable and confident with your body again, please call 603-466-8406 today to schedule your consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Robert S. Feins.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeover is a popular term for a combination of breast and body contouring procedures that are specifically tailored to your unique needs. Some of the most popular surgical options for mommy makeovers include:
- Breast augmentation to restore lost breast volume
- Breast lift to return the breasts to a more youthful position
- Breast reduction to alleviate heavy, sagging breasts
- Tummy tuck to remove excess skin and fat in the abdominal region while tightening muscles that may have been damaged during pregnancy
- Liposuction to remove stubborn pockets of fat that do not respond well to diet and exercise alone
During your consultation with Dr. Feins, he will listen to your concerns and hopes for plastic surgery and recommend the right procedures to help you best achieve your goals.
When Is the Right Time for a Mommy Makeover?
The right time for a mommy makeover is an individual choice for each woman. However, there are some factors you should consider when thinking about timing for your procedure:
- Is your family complete? Pregnancy after a mommy makeover will adversely affect your results.
- Are you close to your ideal weight? Being at a stable weight helps to ensure that your results are long lasting. And a mommy makeover is not a weight loss procedure. You should be near your ideal weight before undergoing a mommy makeover.
- Are you still breastfeeding? You should wait until breastfeeding and lactation are complete before undergoing surgery and allow your body time to naturally return to its new baseline appearance.
- Do you have adequate childcare available? A mommy makeover is a surgical procedure that requires a few weeks of downtime, including lifting restrictions. You will need a good support system to care for your children while you take the time to heal.
What Is Recovery Like for a Mommy Makeover?
Because each woman’s mommy makeover is unique, each woman’s recovery from a mommy makeover is likewise unique. However, we can provide a general idea of what to expect during your recovery:
- You will need childcare for the first few weeks of recovery.
- Most patients sleep in a recliner or reclining position.
- You will wear a surgical bra and compression garment to keep swelling to a minimum.
- Expect discomfort, controlled with prescription medication or a pain pump, for the first week or two after surgery.
- You will need to walk around your house every 3-4 hours to stimulate blood flow throughout your healing process.
- Within 4-6 weeks, you will begin to return to many normal daily activities and light exercise when cleared by Dr. Feins to do so.
- After about 8 weeks, you will begin to see your results as swelling subsides, but your final results can take a few months. Most patients find it is well worth the wait!
Schedule Your Free Mommy Makeover Consultation Today
Learn more about all of the options available to you in a mommy makeover. Call the Office of Robert S. Feins, M.D., F.A.C.S. at 603-466-8406 today to schedule a free personal consultation. We welcome patients from throughout southern New Hampshire, including Manchester and Nashua.