Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and raising children are hard on your body. While motherhood is an incredibly rewarding experience, it can cause cosmetic and functional changes that are often difficult to reverse. You may notice that certain issues do not improve, even if you can find time to exercise and eat right.
As a mother, you tend to put everyone’s needs before your own. Take time to look after yourself by pursuing a solution to the body issues you’re experiencing. With a mommy makeover, Dr. Robert S. Feins can help you reclaim your pre-pregnancy appearance and restore your self-confidence.
To learn more about how a mommy makeover can help you, please call 603-466-8406 today to schedule your consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Feins. We happily welcome patients from Manchester, Nashua, and the surrounding areas of New Hampshire.
On this page, you will find information about:
- What is a Mommy Makeover?
- What Does a Mommy Makeover Include?
- Your Mommy Makeover Consultation
- Mommy Makeover Candidates
- When Is the Right Time for a Mommy Makeover?
- Recovery Time After a Mommy Makeover
- How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?
- Why Choose Dr. Feins?
- Schedule Your Manchester Mommy Makeover Consultation
What is a Mommy Makeover?
During pregnancy, the skin around your belly stretched to accommodate your child. Your abdominal muscles also stretched, and they may have even separated. You are likely struggling to lose the weight that you gained while carrying your baby, and breastfeeding may have left your breasts deflated and drooping.
While some women can regain their figures after childbirth, many women – especially those who have had multiple pregnancies – experience issues that may require surgical intervention. “Mommy makeover” is a popular term for a combination of breast and body contouring procedures that are specifically tailored to help you restore your pre-baby body.
The procedures included in a mommy makeover are often performed during one surgical visit. When compared to spacing the same procedures out over the course of months or even years, this combined approach minimizes the time you spend in surgery and your total cost. Moreover, a mommy makeover allows you to look and feel your best as soon as possible.
The numerous benefits of a mommy makeover include:
- Restoring lost breast volume
- Elevating sagging breasts
- Tightening stretched or weakened abdominal muscles
- Removing pockets of excess fat
- Refining your curves and body contour
- Eliminating excess skin near your tummy
- Potentially improving stretch marks
What Does a Mommy Makeover Include?
A mommy makeover is not a pre-established set of procedures, but rather a customized combination of the surgical options that make sense for you. Some of the most popular cosmetic surgery options for mommy makeovers include:
- Breast augmentation to restore lost breast volume, improve breast shape, and correct mild asymmetry
- Breast lift to return the breasts and nipples to a more youthful position and correct sagging
- Breast reduction to alleviate heavy, sagging breasts
- Tummy tuck to remove excess skin and fat in the abdominal region while tightening muscles that may have been damaged during pregnancy
- Liposuction to remove stubborn pockets of fat that do not respond well to diet and exercise and to give you a smoother contour
A mommy makeover offers long-lasting results. You can maintain your beautiful, natural-looking outcome by exercising and eating well. Most women feel more motivated to live a healthy lifestyle after their procedure.
"My experience with Dr. Feins has been nothing but absolutely amazing. From my first appointment to after my surgery Dr. Feins and his staff have been very sweet and kind and shared my excitement with me."
Your Mommy Makeover Consultation
Before your mommy makeover procedure, you’ll visit our office for an unhurried, one-on-one consultation with Dr. Feins. He will take the time to learn about your concerns, goals, expectations, and lifestyle. He will also perform a physical examination.
Be prepared to discuss any medical conditions that you have, any medications that you’re taking, and your general health status. This initial visit is also your opportunity to ask any questions that you may have, which will help you feel well informed about the procedure.
Dr. Feins knows that this is an important and personal decision that you are making about your body. He will do everything he can to clearly outline what you can expect from every stage of this journey.
Mommy Makeover Candidates
Many women are ideal mommy makeover candidates. A mommy makeover could be right for you if you are looking to restore your body and confidence after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. However, candidacy is a highly individualized subject and something that ultimately needs to be determined in person.
Generally speaking, this procedure could be a great option if you:
- Are in good overall health
- Are at or near your ideal weight
- Do not suffer from diseases or illnesses that impair healing
- Do not smoke or are willing to quit before, during, and after the procedure
- Have positive and realistic expectations
When Is the Right Time for a Mommy Makeover?
The right time for a mommy makeover is an individual choice. However, there are some factors you should consider when thinking about the timing of your procedure:
- Is your family complete? A mommy makeover won’t impact your ability to have a baby in the future. However, pregnancy after a mommy makeover will adversely affect your results. If you think you may want to have another child, consider postponing your mommy makeover until you are confident that your family is complete.
- Are you close to your ideal weight? Being at a stable weight helps to ensure that your results are long-lasting. It is important to note that a mommy makeover is not a weight loss procedure. You should be near your ideal weight before undergoing a mommy makeover.
- Are you still breastfeeding? You should wait until breastfeeding and lactation are complete before undergoing surgery and allow your body time to naturally return to its new baseline appearance.
- Do you have adequate childcare available? A mommy makeover is a surgical procedure that requires a few weeks of downtime, including lifting restrictions. You will need a good support system to care for your children while you take the time to heal.
Recovery Time After a Mommy Makeover
Every woman’s mommy makeover is unique, and so is their recovery. The extent of your surgery and your natural healing ability are just two of the factors that shape your recovery period. While mommy makeover recovery is a personal process, we can provide a general idea of what to expect.
You will need childcare for the first few weeks of your recovery. Additionally, you will need to take time off from work. It’s important to give yourself time to rest and heal without interruptions.
Initially, you will need to avoid strenuous activities or movements, such as lifting your child. You will need to walk around your house every 3-4 hours to stimulate blood flow throughout your healing process.
Expect some discomfort, controlled with prescription medication or a pain pump, for the first week or two after surgery. During this time, you may find it more comfortable to sleep in a recliner or propped up on a few pillows.
You will wear a surgical bra and compression garment to keep swelling to a minimum. Within 4-6 weeks, you will begin to return to many normal daily activities and light exercise when cleared by Dr. Feins to do so. After about eight weeks, you will start to see your results as swelling subsides, but your final results can take a few months. Most patients find it is well worth the wait!
Dr. Feins will give you a more comprehensive overview of the mommy makeover recovery period when you meet with him. Additionally, he will provide you with specific post-operative instructions to follow. It’s important to adhere to his guidelines for your safety and to ensure the best possible cosmetic outcome.
How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?
The cost of a mommy makeover depends largely on the procedures involved and the degree of correction needed. Because of this, mommy makeover pricing varies between patients. To learn what you can expect to pay for your unique surgical plan, please arrange a confidential consultation with Dr. Feins.
During this visit, you will receive an estimate of what your mommy makeover will cost. Our staff will also happily discuss the flexible financing options that are available. Scheduling a consultation is an excellent, low-commitment way to find out if a mommy makeover is the best option for you.
Why Choose Dr. Feins?
As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Feins has been helping patients achieve their aesthetic goals for over three decades. He is incredibly familiar with the concerns that women experience after having children and how to improve these issues through plastic surgery. He relies on his surgical skill and aesthetic eye to create beautiful results that achieve harmony between your inner goals and your outward appearance.
When pursuing a cosmetic procedure, especially a surgical plan that involves multiple procedures, it’s crucial to go to someone you can trust. Dr. Feins is committed to providing you with impeccable, flattering results and the highest level of safety. He considers it a privilege to help you love the way you look.
Schedule Your Manchester Mommy Makeover Consultation
Learn more about all of the options available to you in a mommy makeover. Call the Office of Robert S. Feins, M.D., F.A.C.S. at 603-466-8406 today to schedule a personal consultation. We welcome patients from throughout southern New Hampshire, including Manchester and Nashua.