While the formation of wrinkles is a natural process, that doesn’t mean that you have to look your age. Frown lines, the vertical wrinkles that form between your eyebrows, develop from repeated facial movements and can appear even on the faces of younger adults. These lines may cause you to look annoyed, angry, or older than you really are. Xeomin® is an injectable nonsurgical facial rejuvenation treatment that can correct these stubborn frown lines, smoothing the area and rejuvenating your appearance.
To learn more about Xeomin and how it can take years off of your appearance, please schedule a consultation with the Office of Robert S. Feins at 603-647-4430. Dr. Feins is a board-certified plastic surgeon with more than 25 years of experience helping patients achieve their aesthetic goals. We proudly serve patients from Manchester, Nashua, and nearby areas of New Hampshire.
What is Xeomin?
Xeomin is an injectable wrinkle relaxer, similar to BOTOX® Cosmetic, that is used to treat moderate to severe lines between eyebrows.
Facial expressions such as squinting cause the muscles beneath your skin to contract. These repeated contractions eventually lead to the formation of lines and wrinkles on your skin. Xeomin temporarily prevents contractions when injected into your facial muscles, causing your wrinkles to soften and potentially disappear. The result is a smoother, more youthful appearance.
Xeomin vs BOTOX®
Xeomin and BOTOX® have the same active ingredient and are generally very similar injectable products. Xeomin and BOTOX® do have a few differences, including their:
- Purity: Xeomin only contains the active ingredient needed to reduce muscle contractions, while BOTOX® contains some additives.
- Effectiveness: Xeomin may be tolerated better by your body because it has no additives, which could lead to more effective results for some individuals. However, BOTOX® and Xeomin generally share a similar onset and duration of results.
- Distribution: Xeomin does not need to be refrigerated, which simplifies distribution and may reduce cost.
- FDA cosmetic approval: Xeomin is currently approved by the FDA for the treatment of wrinkles between the eyebrows. BOTOX® is approved for a wider range of applications including treating frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines. Doctors can choose to use both injectables in areas outside of those approved by the FDA. Discuss your options with Dr. Feins.
Candidates for Xeomin
A personalized consultation is the most accurate way to determine your candidacy for Xeomin injections. Generally speaking, candidates for Xeomin:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Wish to improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines
To ensure that you will benefit from this treatment, please be prepared to discuss the following with Dr. Feins:
- If you have had previous surgery on your face
- Your experience with any other facial injectables, including adverse reactions
- If you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have a disease that affects your muscles or nerves
- The current medications that you take, if any
Xeomin Treatment and Results
Xeomin is a simple treatment with no downtime. Your Xeomin injections can be administered in as little as 10 minutes from the comfort of our office. You may be given a topical numbing cream to prevent any discomfort from the injections. You can easily carry on with your day after treatment, though you may experience some slight redness at the injection site that will subside.
The results of your treatment can be visible in several days and last up to six months. Xeomin is a repeatable treatment, so you can choose to receive more injections to improve or maintain your initial results.
Contact our Manchester Plastic Surgeon
If you are considering Xeomin or another injectable treatment, please call 603-647-4430 to schedule a consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon. At the Office of Robert S. Feins, we proudly serve patients from Manchester, Nashua, and nearby areas of New Hampshire.